Tuesday, March 3, 2009

WHATS WITH MY NAME?


CEL GIBSON GEPTE

Whats with my name?
Many people are asking if my parents get the idea of having the name
Cel Gibson
in honor of the great actor
Mel Gibson.

Well, when i ask my parents a long, long time ago.
They said that the name "Cel" is came from
my fathers name "Celestino"
they made it short that's why now
it is "Cel".

On my second name, "Gibson"
i don't know if they are just inventing stories
about it , but, they said
Gibson is made of two words
the first one is "Gib"
which according to them from the word "Give"
and the word "Son" is from the word "Son"
Since i am the first child,
God gave a son to them.
That's why it is called "Gibson"

Many times i tried to search in the internet
what is the meaning of my name,
unfortunately,
the results are either ------
no data found
or
access denied.

Well, despite of this,
I'm still lucky of having a name being
influence by the western country.
:-)

My problem now is my surname.
Why?
because many people mispronounce it
instead of saying "Gepte" (hep-te)
they read it by letters "Gepte" (Gep-te).
I don't know why my ancestors pronounce it that way.
Is it because of Spanish influence?
or just putting an art in our name?
:-D

2 comments: